I was assigned to take over the development and administration of the OIG website, and maintain Section 508 compliance. A complete redesign was launched in 2012 that kept the required majority of the existing file structure. The new site has a similar look and feel of the Department’s site, yet maintains it’s own identity.
- Completed reorganization and redesign of website (launched 2012)
- Created PHP forms for reporting waste, fraud, or abuse with validation for required fields and protection from robots and spam
- Implemented jQuery features on About, Hotline, and Newsroom pages
- Created Multimedia pages to display both videos served from YouTube and podcasts hosted on DOJ’s servers.
- Created a jQuery external link disclaimer
- Maintain website in compliance with requirements identified in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act and OMB’s Policies for Federal Public Websites
- Conversion of PDF reports to accessible Section 508 compliant files
- Management of GovDelivery email notifications
- Development of recommendations for site enhancements and new features
- Lead Designer and Developer, Site Administrator, Site Maintenance