Boots to Business (B2B) is an entrepreneurial education and training program offered by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) as part of the Department of Defense’s Transition Assistance Program (TAP). Participants learn about evaluating business concepts, developing a business plan, the resources available to access technical assistance, start-up capital, contracting opportunities, and more.
I was part of a small team who were tasked to build a Section 508 and SCORM compliant online version of SBA’s two-day in person course sourced from PowerPoint files and voiceover audio. The course was broken up into 8 modules, each featuring a different SBA instructor.
Customer: U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
User Community: Transitioning service members and their spouses
Technologies Used: Vyond (animation software), Storyline (e-learning authoring software), Photoshop, PowerPoint
Course Website: https://www.tapevents.org/courses/136
- Edited audio to adjust volume and remove ums/ahs, background noise, and duplicate content
- Created animated videos to sync with instructor audio, helping to improve learning outcomes with better, more visual communication
- Created video templates for scenes with similar content to maintain consistency – Intros, topics, objectives, and summaries
- Imported completed videos to Storyline and built transitions and menus for users to navigate through the course
- Created quizzes for each module to test user’s retention of content
- Created transcripts from audio for accessibility and Section 508 requirements
- Completed course provides 8 hours of animated and narrated instruction
- Project launched in January 2021